Monday, May 28, 2012
half way there
Well, more a little more then half way there anyway. I have done 6 days of my 10 day detox. It has been tough today as it was Memorial Day and we went to 2 BBQ's and I couldn't eat anything there. I don't notice any changes in my psoriasis or my weight. Was hoping to drop a few pounds, but that has yet to happen. Oh well. It does feel good to being eating foods that are good for me and not injesting so much sugar and junk which I have been lately.
I am not in a happy place at the moment. Just looking at myself in the mirrow, I want to cry. Why do I have to look like this? Is what I am trying going to do any good? Am I just spinning my wheels? Grasping at straws? I so desperately want to try to have clear skin, to not itch or burn. Every month it gets worse and worse.
I apprecaite people wanting to help me, but often there offers of help are just silliness. They try to tell me how they know a guy and he tried something and it cleared it up. Or think they are referring to psoriasis in a story but it is really another skin condition which is not like what I have at all. Or they talk to me and say things like, "oh, you know that can be triggered by stress." REALLY??? Do you think that I haven't read and researched backwards and forwards into the late evenings trying to find out whatever I can to try to help my skin! I know people are just trying to help, but I didn't ask you and you really don't know what you are talking about.
Wow. I am just not handling this all well tonight. But that is what it is sometimes. Some days I am strong and don't care, othesr I feel like ripping out my hair and never leaving my bed and just stop trying.
But I wont stop. Not now and probably not for a long time. There has to be something I can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment